Monday, December 27, 2010

I've been away for awhile...


...but I'm on my way back.

I recently saw the movie and re read the book "For Colored Girls who have considered Suicide when the Rainbow is Enuf" (by Ntozake Shange).

The quote that has resonated with me so deeply is this..

"Sing her a song of life...she's been dead so long she doesn't know the sound of her own voice....her infinite beauty...let her be born and handled warmly...."

It is easy to get to a place in our lives where we become dead to ourselves. Our opinions, our wants, our desires are muffled, pushed down, shoved so far away so that we can't even hear our own instincts, our heart, or our truth anymore.

No longer.

Let your own voice be born and handled warmly! Handle yourself warmly.

This is going to be an exciting year friends.

Sent, with love, grace and open eyes.

-Celisse

1 comment:

  1. I think the next year will be a breakway one for you. Just saw that Jen B has your music with her on the way to Africa. She certainly knows talent. You should go with them next year. What an experience that would be! Look forward to following your blog (I've got one too) and to seeing what this year will bring. Bettie

    ReplyDelete